Over 40 years of combined experience in Composite Design and Analysis
Tim Douglas – President
- 34 years in Design, Analysis, and Management of composite and metallic structures.
- Detailed knowledge of NX Nastran, Femap , Patran , FEM analysis tools, CompositePro
- Extensive concept design experience with Catia V5, Solidworks , and NX (CAD).
- Secret SCI Clearance (inactive)
- Linkedin.com Profile
- 2 year in Design, Analysis, Tooling and Drawings of composite structures.
- Experience using micromechanics and laminated plate theory to optimize composite structures for weight, strength and stability.
- BS Mechanical Engineering Cal Poly; Spring 2017
- 17 years in Project Management, Tool Design Engineering and Testing.
- Experience with composite and metal structures manufacturing and testing.
WCA Designers and Tooling/Manufacturing Engineers have extensive experience with composites.
- Tom Higgs Launch Systems Engineering, Engineering Management, Design & Analysis (35 years)
- Phil Martineau Systems Engineering, Project Management, Design Engineer (33 years)
Analytic and Computational Hardware/Software in place.
- One HP Z8 G4 Workstation Available: 32 core Xeon, 3.9 GHz; 128Gb; 3 SSD Drives.
- Five HP Z420 Workstations Available: 12 core Xeon, 3.2 GHz; 64Gb; 3 SSD Drives.
- Three seats of FEMAP v11 with NX Nastran; One seat SolidWorks; One seat Catia V5.
- One seat of OTIS 4 Trajectory Optimization and Simulation (NASA)
- Multiple pre and post processing codes, APIs, and tools for stress and margin calculations.
- WCA proprietary Preliminary Composite Overwarp Pressure Vessel (COPV) design code.
- Secure NIST 800 171 Gap Assessment Certified Network and Data Storage system compliant with ITAR requirements.